Friday, September 20, 2013

First Official Card Post!

So this is my first official post.  I am excited to share with you all my cards, and hope that I can inspire you.  When thinking about my first official card post I wondered where I should start...which card is worthy of starting it all?  However to start anything you just need to start somewhere, so here it goes.

When creating cards I struggle to get out of my comfort zone, and have been working hard at thinking outside the box.  Usually I have certain layouts I like and certain colours and materials I work with, however it is time to expand my horizons, and this blog is one of the ways that I plan to do this.  Usually I pick paper to match my image.  I also have a tendency to use plain paper, and avoid pattern paper at all cost, however I have so much pattern paper I want to begin using I am reversing things.  I am selecting images and colouring them to match the paper instead.  

For this card I worked with greens, teals, and blues which generally I dont pair together, and I rarely use blue on my cards.  I worked with incorporating a couple of different patterns to add some interest.  I also used a circle die to cut out the image in order to mimic the circle shape in the pattern paper, and avoid all straight edged cuts.  I used my Promarkers to colour the Penny Black image, and added some ribbon and gems to soften the design.  To finish it all off I added diamond stickles to the insides of the flowers to tie in the glitter from the background paper.


Without further delay here is the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment