Monday, October 14, 2013

Little Boys Birthday

So very similarly to my my princess birthday post I don't/ haven't had the chance to make cards for many children for many different reasons. 
1. I never used to have stamps appropriate to complete a card.
2. Didnt have to many children in my life who would require a children's card
3.  It was just something that a customer hadn't ordered before.

So when a customer ordered both the princess card and this card, I was more than thrilled to challenge myself and see what I could come up with.  I had bought this Stamping Bella Mo Manning stamp of a little boy which I thought would be great to use for little boys birthdays, as well as a fathers day card.

I stumbled across these patterned papers which I had in my GIGANTiC collection of paper.  I am a little bit of a paper hoarder as I love all of the really cool designs, and the colours of so many of the pattern papers.  I must say I have been getting better about using the papers that I own instead of buying more.  Anyways....I coloured this image using Letraset Promarkers and paired the image with 3 different colours of blue buttons.  I also added a teal sheer ribbon to pull out a colour from the pattern paper that i used.  I used a couple birthday wordings, and added a tiny bit of glitter to the keys, and the car paint.

I hope that the little boy getting this card will love it...I think it turned out really good!

Front of the card

Side View of the card.  This allows you to see the different textures and dimensions that are on this card.  



What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment