Monday, January 20, 2014

Hey All!  Hope that everyone is well and that they are enjoying the cold weather.  I have been asked to make a variety of cards for my sister-in-law to pass out and they are various themes, which always keeps things interesting, and the creative juices flowing.
When she asked me to make something either Grape of Chocolate themed for her sister's birthday I knew right away what I would make and when she said that her sister's favourite colours are purple and green it fit in even more nicely.  The card came together flawlessly and it's so cute and fun, and the wording is a total play on words which ended up being perfect for a birthday.
I started off the this really cute peel off of the grapes.  I used my Letraset Promarkers to colour in the grapes and the leaves.  I then used my Spellbinders Lacey Circles Die to cut out the purple background that the grapes are on.  I used Martha Stewart Doily Lace Boarder punch along the bottom and backed it with the same purple paper that I cut out behind the image.   I then used Fiskars Aged to Perfection stamp set for the very cute and clever wording, and cut it and mounted it to look like they were little flags.  I tied it together in a bow with some light Hemp Cord to give it a rustic feel.  Then to finish it all off I added some Wink of Stella clear glitter to the bunches of grapes because I LOVE GLITTER! 
I hope that she loved the card, and that her sister had a good laugh about the wording on it (which you can also see below in the pictures) 
Here you can see the front of the card

The side of the card

Close up of the coloured image


This card is easily one of my favourite cards that I have made thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment