Monday, January 20, 2014

Singing "Happy Birthday to YOU"

I again was commissioned by my sister-in-law to create a birthday card for her brother's birthday.  Before designing cards for someone I always ask theme, colour scheme, and if they can tell me a little bit about the person.  Knowing her brother a little bit I knew what she was going to say...he loves to play guitar, sing and music is a huge passion of his.  With that being said I knew that I didnt have anything with a guitar so I set out on the search for a stamp with just that.  I found the cutest Penny Black stamp image called From the Heart.  I thought that this was just hillarious and had my sister-in-law approve this for the card before I purchased the image.
Then when designing this card I picked paper that I thought would be cute with the frog, and since hes green I some plain and some patterned paper with various shades of green and chose to go with that for the card.  I dry embossed the background with a pattern that looks like sheet music.  I then used a sponge, and sponged on some lime green ink to give the background more dimention and to allow for the embossing to be more visible.  I then coloured the image using Letraset Promarkers and cut out the image and the other 2 mats using the Spellbinders Nestabilities Lables 16 Dies  I used wording from Amy R's Its Your Birthday Stamp Set  and then tied it all together with some Maya Road Celery Green Twine.  To put finishing touches on it, I added a little bit of Stardust Glitter Pen to the strings on the guitar and the music notes.  If I made this card again I would add some Glossy accents to the little guys eyeballs to make them look glassy like eyes. 
I hope she liked it and that he liked it as well.
Here you can see the front view of the card


Close up view of the image itself, and my colouring


Side view of the card which helps to better show off the different dimensions


Hope everyone has a great day and that this card has inspired a couple of you atleast.  I try hard to link to most of the materials that I use, however some of them are either discontinued or scraps that I have laying around, and am no longer sure where I originally got them from nor the company whose product it is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment