Sunday, August 30, 2015

My Little Pony Birthday

Hey Everyone!  
I am back again :)  It's only been a couple days since my last post and I'd say that I'm making progress.  
I am so excited to share this card with you and the thought process behind the creation of this card.

I designed this card for my cousin because she was wanting to give this card to her friend.  Apparently one of her friends really likes my little pony and she asked me to design a card for her that would fit this theme.  
I didn't have a stamp that was my little pony however I had seen a stamp of a horses face and mane and I knew that it would be perfect.  
I could totally visuallize the coloured mane that I wanted to do and knew that water colouring it would give it a beautiful look.  
I had paper that was absolutely perfect to use with the image and absolutely love how it turned out.  

Here's a picture of the front of the card...


Here's a picture of the side of the card...


Here's the stamped and coloured image...


I am not sure if you are able to see it or not, but there is a ton of glitter on the horses mane and I think that this card turned out great, and definitely has the feel of My Little Pony.

I hope that my cousins friend liked the card, and that it made her birthday extra special.

Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base and the background paper and the other mats for the image,  and wording
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the double sided tape as well as the ribbon
EK Success Tweezers - used to help position the doodlebug sprinkles and tie the bow
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the edge of the card base
Double Sided Tape - used to attach all of the pieces onto the card front
Acrylic Block - used to put the distress ink on and paint the colour onto the image with the watercolour brush as well as attaching the sentiment to it to stamp the words on the card front
Water brush - used to colour the image and move the distress ink around
MFT Ink  - used to stamp the wording in.
Distress Inks - used to help paint/colour the horse and its mane
Embossing Ink - used to stamp the main image in
White Embossing Powder - used to cover the embossed image with
Powder Tool - used to release the static cling and ensure that the embossing powder only sticks to the
Heat Tool - used to melt the embossing powder on the card
Cuttlebug Machine - used with the dies to cut out various shapes and embellishments
MFT Pierced Rectangles Die - used to cut out the sentiment and the mat for the sentiment
Horse Stamp - used to stamp the horse on the card front
Amy R - It's Your Birthday - wording used for the card (cannot link to this because the stamp set is discontinued)
Doodlebug Sprinkles - used to add embellishment to the front of the card
Kiwi Ribbon - used for the bow on the front of the card
Wink of Stella (Clear) - used to add shimmer to the horse and its mane
Watercolour Paper  - used to stamp the main image on and watercolour on
White Cardstock - used for the card base and to stamp the sentiment on
Recollections - Bold Basics Paper Pack - used for the background of the card (no link available but the paper pack is from Michaels craft stores)
Solid Papers (Scraps) - the pieces are all from my scrap drawer (no links available, but there are many other papers that would work for this)

I would love to know what you think of this card!  Please leave me some love below in the comment section!

Have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment