Saturday, November 21, 2015

Christmas Cards All Year Round

I'm back!  I've been busy making cards and am back with another card that I made for a challenge that I got to play along with.  This week I stumbled across a challenge that I have never played along with before over at Christmas Cards All Year Round.  

Here is the challenge for November:

"Ok on to this month's challenge. The theme is Oh Christmas tree - simply create a card that has a tree as the feature."

When I first noticed the challenge I couldn't wait to get started I had a stamp that I knew would work perfectly for this challenge and was so excited to play.  I have used the stamp previously and you will probably see it in one of my earlier posts, but I just couldnt resist using it again.  Usually I pick my papers first and then colour my image for it however I did it opposite this time and it made it a little more challenging, but hey I was up for a challenge.

I created 4 of these cards so that I could stock some of them, and could give some to friends who have asked me to make christmas cards for them to give out.

Here's the front of the card....

Here's the side view of the card....

Here's the image used on the card....

Isn't she cute!  I love this Stamping Bella Image!!!
Thanks for stopping by, I'll be back in a little bit with a couple more adorable Christmas Cards!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Supplies Used

Fiskar Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base, and background layers
Fiskar Stamp Press - used to stamp the main image with
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the 2 sided adhesive tape
2 Sided Adhesive Tape - used to adhere all pieces together
Mono Multi - liquide adhesive to attach circles together.
Stamping Bella Uptown Girl - used as the main image on this card
Sentiment - CC Designs - Amy R Christmas Verses II (retired - no link available sorry)
Cuttle Bug Machine - used with the die cuts to cut/emboss shapes
MFT Torn Album Notebook Die - used to cut the main image onto
MFT Fishtail Flag Die - used to cut the snowflake paper into a flag
Nellies Dies - used to diecut the sentiment and the mat for the sentiment.
Acrylic Block - used to stamp the sentiment onto the card
MFT Black Licorice Ink - used to stamp the image and sentiment in
Zig Clean Brush - used to colour the image
Tim Holtz Watercolour brush - used to blend the inks (Zig) for the image
White Cardstock - used to stamp the sentiment on and for the card base
Watercolour Paper - used for the main image
Pattern Paper - used for the background layers and flag.
Icing Stickles - used to put shimmer on various parts of the card.
Gems - to dazzle up the card (not exact location however have linked to similar source)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful Card, pretty colors and a beautiful stamp...
    Greetings
    Rosina Loos guest designer CCAYR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rosina! I had alot of fun playing along with the challenge and look forward to joining in the fun again real soon!

      Delete