Wednesday, January 13, 2016

ABC Christmas Challenge "A" and Christmas Card Challenges #6

Hey Everyone!  I hope that you all caught my first post for the year with my Christmas wishes as well as my New Year wishes.  If you missed that post please stop by to see that post. 
One of my crafty Resolutions is to get my stash of Christmas cards built early and so that I have lots of them to pass out to my friends and family.  I am going to be working at making 2 cards a week, and 3 - 5 cards of each design to help myself build a large stash for Christmas of 2016
So I thought that I would get to it, and hit the ground running, and wanted to share with you a card that I made for these 2 challenges. 
ABC Christmas Card Challenge is on the Letter "A" for Anything goes.
and
When I saw the challenges today I knew that I had lots of stamps that could work for this. I visited my scrap box... {which really is a box that extra die cut things get tossed into, ideas that dont make it to a completed card are in there too, stamped images that are/aren't coloured are in there too waiting to find their way to a card}... and found an image that was previously coloured in there that had a little blue bird and a snowman and I just couldnt help but ensure that it made it to a card.
Those of you who follow my blog know that I generally colour my images to match my papers, but in this case I had to do it opposite which was easier than I thought it was going to be. I had a ton of scrap pattern paper that were in the pile and I was able to use some papers that have been used previously which was fun instead of cutting into a new piece of paper. Yay for using up Scraps!

Here's the front of the card...

Here's the side view of the card...

Here's the coloured image that was used for the card...

Supplies Used
Fiskars Paper Trimmer - used to cut card base and pattern papers
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut 2 sided adhesive and ribbon
MFT Black Licorice Ink - used to stamp the image as well as the sentiment
2 sided Adhesive - used to attach papers to card base.
Ranger Matte Medium - used to attach the snowflakes to the card
Foam Tape - used to attach the sentiment and give it some dimension
Bakers Twine (Red and White) - used for tieing around the card and creating a ribbon with
Gelly Roll Pens - used to colour and add shimmer to the image
Sentiment Stamp - Recollection Set - Only able to locate it on Ebay (sorry!)
Snowman Stamp - Bird Snowman (Class Act Inc.) 
White Cardstock - Card Base as well as Paper that Image is stamped onto
Cuttle Bug Machine - used with dies to cut out the snowflakes for the card
Snowflake Dies - used to cut the snowflakes (white)
Snowflake Dies - used to cut the red snowflake (red)
Gems - used on the snowflakes to add some shimmer (exact source couldnt be found so I linked to something similar which would work too)

The pattern paper is from a retired Recollection Paperpack so unfortunately I wasnt able to locate a source.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Great coloring and lovely layers! Such a fun card. :)
    Thanks for sharing it with Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I just love to layer, I can't help myself, so many beautiful pattern papers I want to use them all :). It was so fun playing along.

      Delete
  3. Fab card love the image and twine, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me, I have fun playing along!

      Delete