Thursday, January 14, 2016

Christmas Card Challenges #6 and ABC Christmas Card Challenges "A"

Hi Again!  I know that I missed posting the first week of January but I am making up for it now in posting 3 times this week as well as creating 2 cards to enter for 2 challenges.  I had said as one of my crafty resolutions that I wanted to post atleast once a week if possible.  I know that that isnt always ideal or reasonable as life sometimes gets in your way and prevents it, but Im going to do my very best.  The first week of January I have spent battling Strep Throat so I am trying to get back into the swing of things and make up for the one I missed this first week.  
 
and

ABC Christmas Challenge this week is:

'A is for Anything Goes'

(Just don't forget the Christmas theme!)

I know that you may or may not have seen my other post, but I did create a card to enter these 2 challenges already, but I was on a roll so decided that I was going to create a second card for each of these challenges and enter them.  Im really trying to build a stock of cards for this coming Christmas so I might as well get started early.

This card started as me trying to use up some of my scraps (I have a ton of extra snowflakes in my scrap box) so this card started out with some white snowflakes and then me deciding to make my own background with some distress inks, and it came together so perfectly.
I absolutely love this card and the way that it turned out and it was so easy to put together it might end up being something I can mass produce and it could possibly become my card for next Christmas that I hand out to most people.  Only time will tell...

Here's part of my card...

Here's another look at another part of my card...

Here's a look at the side view of my card...

and last but certainly not least...

Here's the front view of my card...

Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - Used to cut the card base and the background paper
White Paper - used for the card base
Water Colour Paper - used to create the background on
Shimmer Cardstock - used to cut all the snowflakes out of
Scissors - used to cut the string behind the snowflake
Double Sided Adhesive - Used to attach the background to the card base
Ranger Multi Medium Matte - used to adhere the snowflakes to the background
Precision tips - used for really precise placement of glue on the snowflakes
Cuttle Bug - used to die cut snowflakes
MFT Snowflake Dies - used to cut out the largest snowflake
Paper Smooches Dies - Used to cut out the little snowflakes
Heat Tool - used to dry the inks in between water droplets
Distress Inks - used to create the background
Distress Ink Blending tools - Used to blend the ink pad colours together to create background
Shimmer Mist - Used to add shimmer to the background
Silver Thread - used behind the snowflakes to add a touch of metallic to the card
Water - from your own tap and with your hand
Klennex - used to soak up the water droplets

I was unfortunately not able to find a source for the "Merry Christmas" Wording however it is a sticker, and I was also not able to find a source for the Gems that I used for the centres of the snowflakes - any gems would work fine for recreation of this card.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the sponged background. Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Thrilled to be able to play along this week!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card - love those colours!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me play along, I promise I'll be back very soon to play along again!

      Delete