Sunday, October 23, 2016

9th Birthday Card - Day 18

Hey Everyone!  Thanks for visiting me for day 18 of my October Card Challenge.  I know I am still behind, but I'm going to spend tonight getting the cards up to date on here.  I have still been making a card a day, I just wish there were more hours in the day so that I would have more time to do everything that needs to get done.

Today I am going to be sharing with you a 9th Birthday Card.  The card was made for my boyfriends Nephew who will be turning 9.  Last year I made him a hockey card, which was toronto maple leaf themed, so this year I needed to get creative, and I thought that maybe a card with a car on it might be cool for him.  As I began looking for papers that would work with the car that I coloured I stumbled across ALOT of papers for boy/guy cards.  I don't remember purchasing them, but now that I know that I have them believe me there will be a lot more male birthday cards coming your way.  

I used a lot of scraps from my stash to create this card...in fact each and every one of the arrows was already cut out and ready and waiting to end up on a card.  Something else that I really enjoy doing is creating a personalized card, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity to add his name and how old he was turning to the card.

I hope that you all enjoy this card!

Here's the image that I used and coloured for the card...



Here's a front view of the card...


Here's the side view of the card...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base and the background paper as well as the mat for the image
EK Success Tweezers - used to help position the silver lettering and the arrows to the front of the card
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to trim the edges of the arrow so that they are flush with the card base
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the background and the main image to the card base
Matte Medium - used to attach the arrows on the card
Cuttlebug Machine - used with the dies to cut out various shapes
MFT (Lead the Way) Die - used with the cuttlebug to cut out the arrows on this card (no link found currently)
Pierced Rectangle Die - used to cut out the main image for this card
Acrylic Block - used to attach the sentiment wording to and stamp with
MFT Ink - used to stamp the car image and the sentiment in
Prisma Coloured Pencil Crayons - used to colour the main image
Gamsol - solution that is used to help smooth the pencil crayons
Blending Stumps - used with the Gamsol solution to smooth the pencil crayons
Wink of Stella (Clear) - used to add shimmer to the Chrome on the car
Silver Letter Stickers - letters/numbers used to personalize the card (these aren't the exact products but I've linked to something similar)
Amy R - It's Your Birthday Stamps - used for the "Happy Birthday" wording on the card (this set is discontinued so i apologize but there isn't a link for it).
Under Construction Stamp - main image used for the card.  (no link for this stamp either as this company is no longer in business)
Doodlebug Hip Hip Horray - pattern paper used for the background on the card base
Watercolour Paper -  paper that the main image is stamped onto
White Cardstock - used for the card base
Solid Papers - green, teal and blue (all scraps from my scrap box so unfortunately there isn't a link to them)

Thanks for stopping by for Day 18 of my October Challenge.  Please leave some comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment