Monday, October 17, 2016

Baby's First Birthday - Day 14

Hey Everyone!

This is a very special post for me.  I created this card for my Boyfriends niece who turned ONE on the 13th.  I didn't want to share this until we had a chance to give her the card and her gift.  I wanted to do something with her name and the number one on it.  A special card for a special little girl!  I just cannot get over that she's One already...where the heck did the year go?!

As I was flipping through this stamp catalogue I came across the stamp that I used for this card.  Its a stamp that I had purchased a while back, but didn't have a chance to use, and I could totally visualize this on her card with the embellishments on it that I put on it.  The card turned out exactly as I had envisioned, and I couldn't be happier with how cute it was.

Additionally because it's so cute, I just have to enter it into a challenge and share it with everyone possible.  
I played along with the challenge over at Seize the Birthday - their challenge this week is "Anything goes!!"

I hope that you enjoy this card, and that you get a chance to check out some of the other cards that I've made this month. 

Here's the image that I used on the card...


Here's a front view of the whole card...


Here's a side view of the whole card...I love how you can see the glitter from this angle...



Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the ribbon on the card
EK Success Tweezers - used to position the sprinkles on the card
Exacto Knife - used to cut slits in the card for the ribbon to go through
Double Sided Tape - used to adhere the flags to the card
Ranger Matte Medium - used to attach the circles to one another and to the card base
MFT Hybrid Ink - used to stamp the image with
Acrylic Block - used to attach the image to and stamp with
Penny Johnson's Sporty Stamp - teddy bear image used on this card
Letter Stickers - used to add letters and numbers to the card (the link isn't to the exact ones that I used, however they would work just as well)
Prisma Colour Pencil Crayons - used to colour the image with
Gamsol - solution used to smooth the pencil crayons with
Blending stumps - used with the gambol to smooth the pencil crayons
Cuttle Bug Machine - used with the dies to cut the paper into various shapes
Pierced Circles - used to cut out the image and the mat for the main image
Fishtail Flag Dies - used to cut the flags in the background out
Doodlebug sprinkles - used to add purple, green and white embellishments to the card.]
Offray Ribbon - used down the side of the card and to tie a bow with
Wink of Stella (Clear) - put on top of the soccer ball to add shimmer
Watercolour Cardstock - used to stamp the main image onto
White Cardstock - used for the card base
Recollection Basic Paper Pack - pattern paper used on this card (purchased at Michaels Craft Store, no link available online for this product)

2 comments:

  1. Adorable card. Love that cute image. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It was a lot of fun playing along with Seize the Birthday, it's been a while, and I just couldn't resist!

      Delete