Sunday, October 23, 2016

Bon Voyage - Day 20

Hey Everyone!  I am back again with my card from Day 20.  I am excited to not be sharing a birthday  card with you and a type of card that I haven't made in a very long time. 
This card is a Bon Voyage and Travel Theme.  

I have had this stamp for a very long time and have only used it a couple times.  I figured because I was on sort of a masculine theme with the last couple cards that I would sort of keep this one very gender neutral. 

It is very simple, and some of the pieces of it are from my scrap box so it was neat to see it all come together.  For those who haven't visited my blog before, I should let you know that I find great satisfaction of making a beautiful card out of things that are scraps.  My scraps range from pieces of paper that I have cut into before but pieces that remain, to things that were stamped previously (coloured or not), pieces that were cut with dies or embossed with the cuttlebug, or even pieces of left over ribbons.  So it is pretty exciting for me to be able to create something new out of something old in a sense.  

Anyways...I hope that you enjoy todays card.

Here's the image that I used on the card...


Here's the side view of the card...


Here's the front view of the completed card.


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the various layers of the card.
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the double sided tape on the background of all papers
Acrylic Block - used to attach the airplane stamp to in order to stamp the image
Duffy Rubber Stamp - Airplane - used to stamp the main image (discontinued stamp as the company is no longer in business)(similar stamp linked with the wording)
Bon Voyage - stamp used for the sentiment (can't find the exact stamp, but linked to something similar)
Quickie Glue - used to add glue to precise spots on the image
Double Sided Tape - used to adhere all the layers of the card together.
Tombow Markers - used to colour the airplane (Red, Grey and Blue)
MFT Ink - used to stamp the airplane with
Powder Tool - used to remove static cling from the paper and ensure that the embossing powder only stuck to the clear ink.
Clear Embossing Ink - used to stamp the wording in.
Heat Tool - used to melt the embossing powder
Black Embossing Powder - used to cover the clear embossing ink
Cuttlebug - used with the die to cut out the tag for the card
Tag Die - used to cut the background for the sentiment
Fine Glitter - used on the airplane to give it a little bit of shimmer.
Silver Brads - used to add to the tag on the card
White Cardstock - used for the background/card base.
Watercolour Cardstock - used to stamp the image onto
Blue and Red Cardstock is from my scraps drawer, so I don't have a link for them. - substitute with any other paper and it would work just as well.

Check back tomorrow for day 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment