Monday, October 31, 2016

Christmas Card Challenges - Anything Goes - Day 24

 Hey Everyone!  
I am so excited to be sharing with you the card for Day 24.  
I hope that by the end of tomorrow I will be all caught back up with the month of posts, so that I can start November with a new challenge and series.  

For this card I decided that I would play along with Christmas Card Challenges.  The challenge over there is "Anything Goes".  


So I thought that I would visit my Christmas Scrap Box for the pieces for this card.  I couldn't be happier with the way that this card turned out, and to think that it was made out of all scraps. 
I did also create 4 of these cards.  Each is coloured slightly different (placement of colours are different) and the paper colours, and the colour of the wording is different too.  Love starting my stash again for next Christmas

Additionally...There is some very exciting news that I haven't shared with you on here yet.  
I have been asked to join the DESIGN TEAM over at Christmas Card Challenges.  
(For my bio and for all of the new members of the team please click on the link).  I am so excited to be part of this amazing team, and I cannot wait to play along with the challenges with all of you!
I'm so excited for this new adventure!!
Play along with the challenges with us over at Christmas Card Challenges!

Here's the image that I used on the card...


Here's the front view of the card...


Here's the side view of one of the cards...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base and various layers of this card
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to trim the double sided tape and the ribbon on the front of the card
Tweezers - used to help position the wording and the gems on the front of the card
Bone Folder - used to fold the crease/fold of the card base
Double Sided Tape - used to attach all of the layers of the card together
Ranger Matte Medium - adhesive used attach the "happy holiday" wording along the side of the card 
Magenta Stamp - used for the main image on these cards (cannot find a link for this stamp)
Powder Tool - used to ensure that the embossing powder only sticks to the ink
Clear Embossing Ink - used to stamp the image in so that the embossing powder would stick to the ink
Silver Embossing Powder - used to emboss the image in
Heat Tool - used to heat and melt the silver embossing powder on the image
Water Colour Pencil Crayons - used to colour ornaments on this card
Watercolour Brush - used to move around the water coloured pencil crayon colour and smooth the ink
Cuttlebug Machine - used with the dies to cut out the wording for the front of the card
Sizzix Holiday Dies - dies used for the wording on these cards
Blue Gems - used to embellish the front of the card
Pearl Gems - used for the snowflakes on the front of the card
Wink of Stella (Clear) - used to add shimmer to the ornaments on the card
Wink of Stella (Silver) - used to add shimmer to the tops of the ornaments and the metallic pieces of the image
Silver Ribbon - used for the front of the card and for the bow
White Cardstock - paper used for the card base
Watercolour Cardstock - paper used to stamp the image onto
Blue Papers - scraps of papers so unfortunately I don't have links for them
Recollection Pattern Paper - Light Blue Distressed 125142

I hope that you all had a fantastic weekend and that you and your Kids are ready for Halloween tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous card!! And yay for using scraps!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Christmas Card Challenges!!
    Debbie (CCC DT)
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! I cannot wait to start playing alongside the Design Team. I love that this card was made mostly out of scraps. I so often forget about the scraps, and look at the treasures that come out of it!

      Delete