Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Day 11 - Congratulations

Hey There!  Thanks for stopping by to join me for day 11 of my October challenge. 
On Friday I mentioned on my Facebook page that I have some really exciting news to share with all of you, however I still am not able to post it, I think it will be posted very shortly and then I am free to share with all of you!  I am so excited for the things that are happening, and am looking forward to some amazing new adventures.  
I should mention that this is something crafty, not personal - so for those family and friends reading my blog, no there is still no ring and I am not expecting so you can relax a tad.  Hahaha!

Back to cards...enough about me...but trust me you aren't going to want to miss the news when its posted!

Today I decided that I would go back to the Love theme that I had happening a couple days ago.  So far it seems like a lot of cards surrounding events of love, and birthday cards, but aren't those 2 huge parts of our life?  I know there are others, but they are very big parts, and Im not quite ready to move on from either yet.

Being 27 years old, I am at a time in my life when a lot of my friends are getting engaged and married, so I can't have enough wedding cards or bridal shower cards, or engagement cards on hand. 
I think that this card could be used for other life events, such as baby, or congrats on the new job, etc.,  but I specifically created it for the purpose of a wedding.

Here's the front of the card...


Here's a side view of the card...


Here's a close up of the wording on the card...


I realized after taking a picture of the wording that there was glue around the edges, so I cleaned it up, and forgot to take a new picture of it all cleaned up.

Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the layers for the card.
Tim Holtz Scissors - Used to cut the end of the flag to match the heart.
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the layers of this card together.
Ranger Matte Medium - used to attach the letters to the card
Cuttlebug Machine - used with the dies and the embossing folders for this card.
Heart Dies - used to cut out the hearts on the card (original hearts I'm not able to find a link for)
Fishtail Flags - used to cut the flag that the words are on.
Tag Talk Dies - used for the letters on this card. (this die was an exclusive so unfortunately there isn't a link to it, as it was only available as a PWP)
Mini Hearts Embossing Folder - Used to pinch the hearts into the paper
EK Success Tweezers - used to help position the letters for the flag
Doodlebug Sprinkles - used for the red heart on the flag
Clear Mist - used to give shimmer to the white background with the hearts
White Cardstock - used to for the card base and the background
Pattern Paper - used for the background of the hearts
Pink paper os from my scraps

Enjoy day 11, and I cannot wait to share something new with you tomorrow.
Maybe ill venture into something other than birthday or love theme.  
What would you like to see...leave your suggestions and love in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment