Friday, October 28, 2016

Day 22 - Mermaid Birthday Card

Hey Everyone!
Sorry I’ve been away the last couple days.  
It’s been busy around here, and I’ve had some last minute projects just sort of dropped in my lap, so trying to do them and stay on track for everything else.  
Today I want to share with you a Birthday Card that I made.  I know I said I was going to stay away from Birthday cards for a little, but I was playing with this stamp set and just couldn’t resist, it’s to stinken cute.  

I also thought that I would play along with the Challenge at Seize the Birthday, because why not?!


You'll see these stamps again on an order of baby shower invites that I'm making and will be posting at a later date once they are all complete. As far as this card goes...the little mermaid that I used on this card was just the sweetest, I thought she would be perfect to finish off the last card in an assorted bundle order that I’ve been working my way through.  I must admit it is totally perfect for a card for a little girl, and the wording in this stamp set is just the cutest play on words.

Here’s a picture of the main image on this card…


Here’s a side view of the card…


Here’s a front view of the card…



Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer – used to cut the card base and the background paper of the card
Tim Holtz Scissors – used to cut out the little sea creatures as well as the sand (Kraft paper) for the card
EK Success Tweezers - used to position the seaweed and the sea creatures on this card
Distressing Tool – tool used to distress the edges of the seaweed and the sand at the bottom
Distressing Ink – ink used to distress the edges of the seaweed and the sand at the bottom
Double Sided Tape – used on the background layer of the card to attach it to the card base
Ranger Matte Medium – used to attach the mermaid, the seaweed, and the sand to the card.
Foam Adhesive – used to give dimension to the sea turtle, seahorse and fish and raise them on the card base
Prisma Colour Pencil Crayons – colouring medium used to colour the images on the card
Gamsol – blending solution used to smooth the pencil crayons
Blending Stumps – tool used with the gamsol to smooth the pencil crayons
Watercolour Paper – paper that the images are attached to.
MFT Black Ink – ink that the images are stamped in
White Cardstock – used for the card base
Kraft Cardstock – used for the sand on the card
Green Paper – various scraps used to cut out the seaweed on the card
Recollection Pattern Paper – Distressed Blue (Michaels loose stock paper)
Ranger Caribbean Crush Ink – ink used to stamp the wording/sentiment in
Acrylic Block – attached the stamps to the block to stamp the images
C.C.Designs Stamp Set – Under the Sea – sentiment stamp as well as the image stamps
Cricut – machine used with the following cartridge to cut out the seaweed pieces
Create a Critter Cartridge – software/clipart package for the cricut used for cutting out the seaweed
Wink of Stella (Clear) – used to attach shimmer to the mermaid, and various parts of the sea creatures.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute mermaid! Love the scene you've created for some birthday wishes! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for having me! I couldn't resist, this stamp set is so stinken cute!

      Delete