Friday, October 7, 2016

Day # 7 - Birthday

Hey Everyone!  I hope that you are all well!  I have been watching coverage of the wrath of Hurricane Matthew, and my heart is breaking for people being effected by this monster of a storm.  If you are visiting my blog and you yourself are directly or indirectly effected by this storm you have my prayers and thoughts.  I cannot fathom the devastation, fear, anxiety, and waves of emotions that each of them are feeling right now. 
Stay strong and don't lose faith!  

Today I am going to take a slight little cheat on my challenge.  Its been a very long week, and I am in a great deal of pain, so I am not going to make a card today...what am I am going to do however is share with you a card that I made several months ago.  I am not sure, but this card has somehow slipped through the cracks and didn't end up getting posted, but is sitting on my desktop waiting for its big reveal.  I hope that you are all okay with me sharing it with you, and tomorrow I will return with a new card.

This card actually comes at perfect timing.  I am a Toronto Blue Jays fan, and its been an exciting time with them winning their last couple games, I just hope that they can keep it up.  The card I share with you today fits perfectly and ties so well into the baseball theme.

I really enjoyed creating this card, and truly love how this card turned out.  I couldn't have asked for anything better.  This card was a commission card and the recipient of it was my Uncle so it was a special card to be asked to make for him.

I hope that you all enjoy this!

Here is the front of the card...


Here is the side view of the card...


Here is a close up of some of the main features on the card...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base.
Tim Holtz Scissors - Used to cut various parts of the card
Ranger Multi Matte Medium - used to adhere the stars and the arrow so the card.
Bone Folder - used to spread the embossing paste as well as fold the white card stock for the card base
Shimmer Mist - Used to add some splatter onto the card base
Embossing Pasted - used to add texture with the stencils on the background of the card
MFT Swiss Dots Stencils - used to put the small dots onto the bottom of the card base in embossing paste
MFT Small Brick Wall Stencils - used on the background
Cuttlebug - Machine/Tool used with dies to cut out various shapes and texturize papers
MFT Fishtail Flags - Used to cut the arrows on the baseball.
Circle Die - used to cut out the baseball
Star Die - used to cut out the stars for this card
Arrow Die - used to cut out the silver arrow (My Favourite Things - Lead the Way) - unable to find a link for this product.
Black Letter Stickers - used for the name and the year of John's Birthday (linked product isn't exact)
Distress Ink - used for the outside of the Baseball
Black Ink - used to stamp the wording "sentiment" on the arrow
Happy Birthday Sentiment - Amy R Stamps - this stamp set is discontinued so I apologize there isn't a link to this product either.
White Paper - used for the card base, and the baseball.
(The other papers - blue, red, black, and silver - were from my stash so there isn't a link for these - honestly any paper would do)
Additionally, I used tooth picks for the base of the flags - I am sure that you probably have these on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment