Monday, October 10, 2016

Spiderman Birthday

Hey Everyone!
I totally meant to post this card the other day, but here in Canada it's been Thanksgiving, so I've been very busy working, and when I wasn't working I was enjoying spending time with my family and indulging and amazing food.  
For those of my friends in Canada I hope that you had a fantastic weekend with family and friends and that you have had time reflecting and being thankful for the things that you have in you life.
 We have so much to be thankful for in this beautiful Country.

I had mentioned on my Facebook page that I wouldn't be posting anything Sunday because of thanksgiving...however I think that this post should count for 2 days simply because I created 6 cards.

As I've mentioned before I have been working through a couple different commission orders, so these cards were perfect to complete a couple commission cards and for me to put a couple of these in my stash for future use. 

These cards were really fun to make and I really enjoyed that they had sort of a Halloween feel to them too, based on the products used, and the spider webs and spiders.

Usually I don't get a chance to show the cards leading up to the finished product and the thought process that goes into them, but I hope that you enjoy a little of that with these cards.  

Here's a picture of me spraying the spiders with shimmer mist. Keep in mind I used 4 times as many as these on the actual cards...


Here's Spiderman ready to make his way onto the cards...



Here's there front view of one of the cards...


Here's a side view of that same card...


Here are all 6 cards that I created... (I apologize for the bad lighting...not sure what was going on here, possibly the background/table I had them on when I took the picture)



Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the paper and the mats
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the wording, spiderman and bakers twine
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the blue and red paper to the card base
Ranger Matte Medium - used to attach the spiders, the sentiment and spiderman to the card
EK Success Tweezers - used to help position the spiders onto the card
Cuttlebug Machine - used with the dies and embossing folder to help create this card and the textures on it
Spider Web Embossing Folder - used in the cuttlebug to press the paper into a spiderweb
Scary Spiders Die - used to cut out the spiders for this card
Acrylic Blocks - attached the sentiment stamp to them in order to stamp the wording
MFT Blak Ink - used to stamp the sentiment with
Spiderman Stickers - used for the main images on these cards (these were purchased at Hobby Lobby, however I cannot find them online on their site)
Bakers Twine - black and white string used on 4 of the cards.
Shimmer Mist - used to add shimmer to the spiders
Amy R Stamp - It's Your Birthday - sentiment used on the card (discontinued stamp set)
White Paper - Card bases as well as the paper that the stickers were placed onto and background paper that sentiment was stamped onto

(Red, Blue and Black pieces of paper from my stash - I don't have links however any solid papers will work just as well)

I hope that you enjoyed Days 8 and 9.

Tomorrow I will post my card for Monday (yesterday) Day 10.
It's another birthday card.  Another Masculine Birthday card!  
I think you are really going to like it.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment