Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Daredevil Christmas Card

Hey Everyone!  It's me I'm back again, and I am excited to be sharing another Christmas Card with you.  I was asked by a dear friend to create a couple special Christmas cards for some very special people in her life.  I designed the Linus card which you can see here, as well as this card. 

This one was a challenge since I know nothing about comic book figures/heros/villians, etc.  I had my friend walk me through who she was wanting on the card, and she sent me an image to help me understand a bit better what she was looking for.  She provided me with the wording that she wanted on the card too.  

I am very happy about how this card turned out and am very excited that I didn't use traditional Christmas colours on this card, and how different it ended up being.  I truly hope that the recipient of this card really liked it and that it helped to make her Christmas a little brighter!

Here's the front view of the card...


Here's the side view of the card...


Supplies Used...

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base, the various layers of the card, and image
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to trim the stars that were off the edge of the card, and the to trim the
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the background pattern paper and the image and sentiment to the card front
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the side of the card base
EK Success Tweezers - used to position the stars on the front of the card
Ranger Matte Medium - used to attach the stars to the card front
Double Sided Tape - used to attach all of the layers of the card together
Cuttle Bug Machine - used to cut out the stars
Paper Smooches Star Die - die used to cut out the stars
Wink of Stella (Clear) - used to add shimmer to the stars on the card front
White Cardstock - used for the card base, and for printing the sentiment on
Black Cardstock - used for the mats for the image and the sentiment
My Minds Eye - It's my party - pattern paper used for the background of the card (no link available for this paper pack)
Red, Blue, Orange + Red Cardstock - stars were previously cut out and in my scrap drawer so used them on the card. (no link available for the scraps, but any solid paper will do)
Image - is printed from the computer and obtained from Google.
Sentiment -  is printed from the computer so there is no link to the font or size

No comments:

Post a Comment