Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Monochromatic Flowers

Hey Everyone!  I hope that you aren't getting to sick of me already. I hope that you are going to be seeing a lot more of me in the days to come.  
With the New Year comes Resolutions for a New You.  I don't make personal resolutions, but I do make crafty resolutions.
This year my resolutions are this:
1. Post twice as many blog posts and cards as you did the year before.
2. Play along with more challenges.
3. Ensure that I have enough Christmas cards made that each and every person special to me gets a Christmas card this year. (since I didn't hand out a single handmade Christmas card this past Christmas)
4. Celebrate - A couple years ago I wanted to ensure that each person important to me got a special card for their special day, but it never happened so my goal this year is to ensure that I make cards all year long so that I can celebrate peoples birthdays with them!
5. ATC.  Figure out how to create a mini gallery for my ATC cards that I am creating for a group that I am part of so that all of you can see them.

There are a couple more, but I guess you are going to have to wait to see what 2017 brings for Amanda Fluri Designs (possibly a website?!...we'll see).

I hope that each and every one of you had time to reflect on the ups and downs of 2016 and that each and every one of you make a goal to become a better you in 2017.  
BE FEARLESS!

Anyways...Back to cards...

I wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your support over the past couple years, and I hope that you know how much I appreciate each and every one of you!  So I want to share with you a Thank You Card that I made for all of you!

Here's the flower that is the focal point for the card...


Here's the front view of the card...


Here's the side view of the card...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the white card base
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the double sided tape and the ends of the flags
EK Success Tweezers - used to position the flower and the gems on the card front
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the card base
Acrylic Block - used to attach the sentiment to which helps to stamp the wording
Water brush - used to paint the colour on the flower
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the flags to the card front
Ranger Matte Medium - used to attach a couple layers of the card together
Foam Adhesive - used to attach the flower to the card front
Quickie Glue - used to apply the glue precisely so that fine glitter could be attached
Cuttlebug Machine - used with the dies to cut out the flags, circle and rectangle on the card front
Pierced Circle Die - used to cut the circle on the card front.
Pierced Rectangle Die - used for the rectangle layer on the card
Fishtail Flag Die - used for the flags on the front of the card.
Flower - Harmonie Wooden Stamp - main image on the front of the card (no link available as this company is no longer in business)
Amy R - Thank You Sentiment - used stamp the sentiment in (no link available as this stamp set is retired)
Clear Embossing Ink - used to stamp the flower with
Powder Tool - used to ensure that the embossing powder only sticks to the embossing ink and not other parts of the paper
White Embossing Powder - powder that was placed on the embossing ink and melted to embellish it
Heat Tool - used to melt the embossing powder
Distressed Ink - used to help colour the flower on this card
Gems - silver gems placed on the front of the card to embellish it
Fine Glitter - used to add shimmer to the the flower on the card
Vellum - used for a large flag layer on the card front
Watercolour Paper - used to stamp and emboss the flower on
White Cardstock - used for the card base
Maroon Cardstock - used for one of the main flags on the front of the card
Pattern Paper - used for the large rectangle background on the card front.  (link not available as this is from my paper scraps)

 I hope that 2017 is a great year to each and every one of you and that only the best happens in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment