Thursday, January 26, 2017

Watercolour Dragonfly Splatter

Hey Everyone! I am back with another card to share with all of you!  I mentioned in my last post that I was going to be sharing a lot of the Thank You cards that I have been putting together for some orders that I'm working my way through. 

The idea for this card came from a card that I had seen on pinterest.  I loved the splatter look on that card, and knew I could create something similar for the card that I was going to be creating.  

I really love how this card turned out.  I love the simplicity of the stamping and the wording, and the tone on tone with the splatter look from the 3 colours of ink I used.  This is a technique that I haven't used that much in the past, but its certainly one that I intend on using again in the future!

Here's the front view of the card...


Here's the side view of the card...


Here's the close up of the splatter and the stamped dragonfly...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base and the card front
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the double sided tape for the card front
Bone Folder - used to crease and fold the card base
Mini Mister - used to add water to the distressing ink to help it splatter
EK Success Tweezers - used to help attach and position the sequins on the front of the card
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the card from to the card base.
Ranger Matte Medium - used to attach the sequins to the front of the card
MFT Ink - used to stamp the dragonfly and the sentiment in
Under Construction - Dragonfly - used to stamp the main image on the splatter area (no link available as this company isn't in business anymore)
Under Construction - Thank You - used to stamp the sentiment on the bottom right corner (no link available as this company isn't in business anymore)
Distress Inks - ink used for the splatter effect on the card front
Acetate Sheet - used to put the ink onto the card front
Doodlebug Sequence - used to add embellishment to the card front
Stardust Pen - used to add shimmer to the dragonfly's wings
White Cardstock - used for the card front and the card base

No comments:

Post a Comment