Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Blue Boys Birthday Card

Hey There!  Thanks for stopping by again to take a peak at what I've been busy working on.  As I had mentioned in my last post I was moving away from Thank You cards and towards Birthday Cards.  

I created this card in blues so that you could give it to a male (or female).  I had also mentioned before that I am on a peel off sticker kick at the moment, and that I am very much enjoying using them on my cards.  I also pulled out my Promarkers and since they were still on my desk I thought that I would just reach for them to colour the presents with various colours of Blue.  I love the monochromatic colours of this card, and the silver accents which just give it that class. 

I had enough Presents that I could create 2 cards using the gifts, and I will show just the one here.  On the second one the only change that I made was that at the top of the left and right corners in the blank white space I simply added the numbers 30 to each side to personalize it with an age. (I have linked to the stickers below in the comments if you are interested at all in supplies I used)

I am thrilled with how this card turned out, and wish that I had more of these present peel offs that way I could create another one, with a different colour.  I love that this card literally could be done in any could and the sentiment could read anything, and it could be used for any occasion...think about it (birthday, christmas, easter, valentines, baby/wedding showers, etc).

Here's the front of the card...


Here's the side of the card...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the ribbon at the top of the card, and to cut the pieces of blue paper so they are flush with the edges of the card front.
EK Success Tweezers - used to help position the presents on the card front, and to help tie the bow
Bone Folder - used to crease and fold the card base
Promarkers - used to colour the presents on the card
Foam Adhesive - used to raise the tags off the card slightly adding some dimension
Ranger Matte Medium - used to attach the presents, and the blue pattern paper to the card base
Peel Off Presents - used for the main images on the card front
Peel Off Silver Boarder - used to add some shimmer between the two blue stripes on the card front
Peel Off Wording - used for the sentiment on the card front
Bakers Twine - used at the top of the card for the bow
Blue Numbers - used to put the age on the card front (not the exact product, but linked to something similar)
Light Blue Cardstock - used to add a small light blue strip to the card front
Dark Blue Cardstock - used to add a darker blue strip of paper to the card front
White Cardstock - used for the card base and to put the presents on to colour as well as the paper behind the tags


Thanks for stopping by!  
I would love to know what you think of this card, please leave me some love below!

No comments:

Post a Comment