Thursday, February 9, 2017

Neutral Leaf Sympathy Card

Hey Everyone!  Thank you for stopping by to visit my blog.  I am excited to be back to share another card with you!  Today I am going to share with you a Sympathy Card.  These are some of the most difficult cards to make, and that's why I always find it easiest to have some on hand for the difficult moments that you need to send one.  This card is for one of the orders that I am working on completing, however I made a second one for my stash because it's easier to be able to reach for one then create one on the spot when its needed.

When I create sympathy cards I find that I have a large tendency to gravitate towards neutrals and softer more subtle colours.  I also tend to create in more a botanical, or floral type theme.  I want to create something beautiful but not something over the top as I realize that this is a difficult thing for everyone involved.  My hope is that the recipient finds even a little bit of extra comfort knowing that someone is thinking about them, and took the extra time and love to put into a handmade card for them.

This is a sympathy card layout that I have used in the past, the stamps that I used for this one however I haven't used before for this type of card.  The card itself is pretty flat and single layered, but like I said before I like to keep these cards very subtle and not to crazy.

Here's the front of the card...


Here's the side of the card...


Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base and the the sentiment and the tan paper
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the twine and the double sided tape
Acrylic Block - used to attach the stamps to and help stamp the images
Bone Folder - used to crease and fold the card base
EK Success Tweezers - used to help tie the bow and position the sentiment on the card front
Foam Adhesive - used to add dimension to the sentiment
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the sentiment to the tan card stock
Adirondack Lights - Lake Mist - one of the inks used to stamp the leafs in (cannot find a link for this)
Memories Die Ink - Soft Wheat - one of the inks used to stamp the leafs in (cannot find a link for this)
Memories Die Ink - Soft Leaf - one of the inks used to stamp the leafs in (cannot find a link for this)
SW F1234 - "With Deepest Sympathy Stamp" - used to stamp the sentiment on the card (cannot find a link for this product)
Hero Arts Scattering Leaves - leaf stamps used to design the card front background
Bakers Twine - used for the bow at the top of the card front
White Cardstock - used for the card front and to stamp the sentiment on
Tan Cardstock - used to mat the sentiment with

Thanks again for stopping by to visit me!  I hope that you enjoy yourself.  Please look around, and feel free to leave messages and comments in the sections below each post.  Until next time I hope that each of you are having a great week, and that you are looking forward to the upcoming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment