Saturday, June 3, 2017

Christmas Card Challenges #13


Hey everyone!  I am so glad to be back again!  I hope you are all enjoying seeing the things that I was working on prior to my surgery and that you are being inspired some way by them to design something beautiful too!  

This was from the last challenge at Christmas Card Challenges.  I was unable to post it until now because I have only been using talk to text programs and until yesterday I wasn't able to move my fingers enough to type on this blog.  I guess better late than never.

Here's the challenge...


I created these cards ahead of time so that I could still fulfill my Design Team Duties while off.  This upcoming week however I won't have a card for the challenge, as I am not cleared to get back to card making yet, and don't want to push myself to hard, and delay my recovery.  I cannot wait to be back at it again!

Here's the front of my card...


Here's the side of the card...


I thought with this challenge that I would do something non traditional again.  Apparently that has been my thing lately, to think outside the box and go against the traditional Christmas ideas and change it up.  I love how this turned out, and think that its simple and so classy.  This card can be quickly mass produced if you are looking for something that you can assemble production line style.  The die that I used is still very new so it was quite the challenge to get the paper out of the die, but it was TOTALLY worth the time and patience that I took to do so.  Maybe it was the wine that gave me patience, who know...hehehe.

Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the card base, and the pattern paper
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut the ribbon on the card front
EK Success Tweezers - used to help tie the bow on the wreath
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the card base
Exacto Knife - used to help position the gems on the card front
Mono Multi Glue - used to attach the wreath to the card front
Glue Dots - used to attach the bow to the wreath
Cuttlebug Machine - used with the die to cut out the snowflake wreath
Joy Crafts - Winter Wishes - the die used for the wreath (unable to find a link for this product)
Blue Gems - used to help embellish the wreath and card itself
Ribbon - used for the bow on the card (not an exact link to the product used, but this is the company that I purchased it through.  It's not listed online, but it is their product)
Ribbon - used for the string to hang the wreath
All Seasons II Pattern Paper - used for the background on the card front (not an exact link to the product used, but linked to another edition of the paper pack that I used)
White Cardstock - used for the card base
Blue Cardstock - used to die cut the wreath out of 

Thanks for stopping by!  I really appreciate your support, and would love to know what you'd like more of in the future!  Please leave some comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment