Saturday, June 3, 2017

Mother's Day Cards

Yes I am back again!  Im here to share with you the mother's day cards that I put together.  Lately I have been creating only 2 of the same design, not many multiples, but I was pretty pressed for time before my surgery so I created 3 cards very similar for Mother's Day!  I know...I too wanted to make each Mom a different one, but like I said I was pressed for time this year, so it just couldn't happen...there's always next year.

I based this design off of my Grandma's 95th birthday card design.  I loved how her card turned out, and thought that I would do something similar again.

Here's the first card...



Here's the second card...



Here's the third card...




Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut the vellum, main image and mat
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to cut out the stamped sentiment, "Happy" and "Day"
Exacto Knife - used to help position the doodlebug sprinkles on the card front
EK Success Tweezers - used to help position the letters on the vellum strip
Bone Folder - used to fold and crease the card base
Double Sided Tape - used to attach various layers of the card together.
Foam Adhesive - used to add dimension to the stamped sentiment wording
Acrylic Block - used to attach the sentiment stamps to which aid in their stamping
Stamp Press - used to stamp the main image on the card front
MFT Black Ink - used to stamp the image and the sentiment in
Amy R - It's Your Birthday - sentiment stamps used for "Happy" and "Day" (this product is discontinued so it is no longer available, so no link exists)
Stamping Bella - Flower for a True Friend - stamp used for the focal point on the cards
Zig Clean Colour Real Brush Markers - used to colour the flowers on the cards
Doodlebug Sprinkles - used to add embellishment to the card fronts
Black Letters - used to spell out the word "Mothers" (not the exact product used, but I linked to something similar)
Card Base - used for the card bases of these cards
Watercolour Paper - used to stamp the main image onto
Vellum - used to put the black lettering on across the card front
Recollection Bold Basics - pattern paper used on each card front (no link available for this paper pack, however it was purchased at Michaels Canada)
Solid Papers (Yellow and Purple) - used to stamp wording onto (from my scrap box so no link available for these exact colours)

I think that this is the last post for today.  Going to rest my hand.  I very much enjoyed getting back to blogging about the cards that I love to create, and cannot wait to come get back to designing.

Please leave some comments below!  Thanks for spending some time with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment