Saturday, March 17, 2018

January ATC 2018

Hey Everyone!  I am so glad to be back with you all to share another ATC.  
When I first started ATCs just a little over a year ago I wanted to try something different.
I have been loving being part of the ATC group that I am in and forcing myself to create something small, and use some of the little stamps that I have and recycling a lot of scrap papers, etc.
I am here to share my January ATC with you.  I was a little delinquent in getting all of mine done for 2017, but the beauty about a new year is new beginnings and new starts.
I am determined to do one for each month this year!  So far I'm not off to a bad start.

If you follow my blog you will know that I struggle to make anything with gold.  I just find it a hard colour to work with, especially if I am using golds of different mediums.  But gold seemed like a great colour for New Years, so I thought that I try again.

Here's the front of the ATC...


...this was incredibly difficult to photograph to show how shiny the whole thing was...

Here's a side view of the ATC...


...the side view shows how beautiful the paper on this ATC is...

Supplies Used

Paper Trimmer - used to cut down the the paper to size
Tim Holtz Scissors - used to trim the ribbon
Double Sided Tape - used to attach the patten paper and the white tag to the ATC base
Mom Multi Glue -  used to attach the ribbon to the top of the tag
Black Offray Ribbon - ribbon used to tie into a bow for this ATC
Gems (Black and White) - used to help embellish and add some shimmer to the front of this ATC (not the exact product used, but linked to something similar)
Tag Punch - used to punch out white card stock into a tag shape
Black and Gold Numbers - used to add the year 2018 to the ATCs
Tweezers - used to help tie the bow and adhere the bow, place the numbers and position the gems
Vellum - scraps of vellum used and attached numbers to to add some dimension
White Card Stock -  used for the tag
Gold Card Stock - used for the ATC base (cannot find a link for a similar paper - can be recreated with white embossed stars, or embossing paste)

No comments:

Post a Comment